Purpose and Mission of AGSL:
- Amherst Girls Softball League (AGSL) is a nonprofit organization in Amherst, New York, made up of girls that desire to learn and play softball.
- AGSL is one of the largest girls’ recreational softball programs in New York with over 600 girls and 48 teams in five divisions.
- AGSL strives to provide a positive atmosphere in which a girl at any age and skill level can participate and find out how much fun softball can be while at the same time gain the benefits from learning the rules of the game and how to work together as a team.
- This results in fun, making new friends, possessing a sense of accomplishment, and building self-esteem.
- AGSL recognizes the youth sport experience is different for everyone, and our primary goal is and always has been for the benefit of the girls. We recognize that today's softball players will be tomorrow's leaders.
- AGSL’s purpose is to keep the girls coming back by making their youth experience as fun, enjoyable and memorable as possible.
- AGSL also desires to educate coaches in proper playing techniques, sportsmanship, rules of play and game etiquette.
- AGSL prides itself on having a beautiful and modern playing complex.
- AGSL has seven fenced-in fields, free parking, a large concession stand, clean bathrooms, and covered dug outs.
- AGSL also provides competitive travel options through the Lightning and Thunder programs. These travel programs prepare young ladies ultimately for the competitiveness of high school ball, and beyond. These teams are recognized throughout the United States.
- AGSL runs the popular Aunt Rosie’s International Fast Pitch tournaments over five weekends in the summer. This tournament is sponsored by Pepsi and teams come from 16 different states and Canada.
- Everyone involved in AGSL from the board members to the coaches are volunteers. Their goal is one thing: To make our girls’ childhood fun, safe and memorable.
- Thank you!